Popular Posts

Monday, September 3, 2012

It's okay to play

Are you all about getting things done? You always have that list going? That is my husband and I, there is always a project or an errand to run. Sitting and just hanging with the kids doesn't happen much and we've come to realize it needs to happen. It's okay to stop and play, the projects will still be there. So what, if it takes an extra couple weeks to finish the master bathroom project. Missing out on our kids is much worse then taking an extra month to finish up a project. Down the road it's not the projects our kids will remember, it's the laughter, games, picnics, flying kites...

So, in an attempt to create these memories, we went to Busch Gardens over Labor Day weekend. I know what you are thinking..."Are you nuts"? I know, but we were lucky. We hit absolutely no traffic going there or back and the park was not super crowded. The entire family had a blast and my hubby and I enjoyed seeing the joy in our children's faces. Living through them was awesome as they were so excited to ride their first mini roller coaster, run through the splash park with their clothes on, and zoom around in kiddie size bumper cars (that my middle child called "bumpy cars). We saw a magical show with fairies, witches, gnomes, and fairy Godmothers. My kids were entranced and I had fun, too.

My hubby and I didn't make it on one single adult ride, but that is okay. We had fun riding the kiddie rides and living through our kids. Also, they didn't fight, push, yell, screech or cry the entire weekend. It was absolute bliss.

So, in my books, it's okay to take a break from the everyday and play a little, even if it is only a few hours down the road. The chores and projects will be waiting for you when you return. The memories will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment